Wednesday 27 June 2012

Wouldn't it be nice...if birthdays lasted longer than a day.

Of course I know what I am suggesting is completely impossible due to the very nature of a birthday but I had such a wonderful time celebrating my 21st birthday on Saturday that I really don't want it to be over.

Firstly to give some context; I LOVE birthdays. I also love Christmas and basically any kind of big celebration but I particularly love my birthday. Some may even call me a slight birthday brat. Not in the sense that I am ungrateful at all, I am quite the contrary, but in the way that I am excited and begin the countdown to the day at least month before. I once started referring to the fact that it was nearly my birthday 6 months before hand (the eve of Christmas Eve) I just can't help myself. I really love my birthday! (Doesn't everyone!?) I was extra excited this year as well as it was my 21st birthday and I knew all my family were coming to celebrate with me in the day and then some close friends were coming round in the evening. This meant two BBQ's in one day. That fact alone doubled the birthday excitement.

Moi a Birthday Brat!? Never! :)
I had an amazing time celebrating surrounded by my loved ones and really didn't want the day to end, but alas it must! It was then my brother's birthday 3 days later (my parents planned that one well!) so we had another bout of celebrations for his 23rd birthday with more coming at the weekend as everyone was working on the actual day.

Finally I want to share with you an image of beauty. My mother's cupcake masterpiece, all homemade and decorated by us (we were rather pleased with ourselves I must say!):

She could be a baker I tell you!
Wouldn't it be nice if birthdays lasted longer than a day. Well yes, yes it would. But then they wouldn't be quite as fun anymore would they! There's something exciting even as an adult about that one day drawing ever closer. Perhaps I'm only saying that because I'm a big kid though; I don't think it'll ever get old for me even as I get too old for it.

Bye for now :)
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment